Saturday, October 12, 2013

We Ran Away to Utah

While Eric was gone at Annual Training (AT) for the National Guard, Emmeline and I escaped to Utah for a few days to give me a break from too much Emmeline-mommy time. Love this girl, but two weeks, just the two of us, and no breaks...a bit overwhelming. 

We had fun in Utah, but in the end vacationing with a 7 month-old as a single mommy is even more overwhelming. Emmeline and I probably won't try another trip without daddy for awhile.

Being a first-time-mom you just aren't really adventurous with your baby's eating--or at least I wasn't. Emmeline tried all kinds of news things at Grandma and Grandpas, she must have thought I was depriving her. 

Right before Emmeline had her first popsicle. 
During...aww come on mom, no more pictures, just give me some more of the good stuff. 
Afterwards...I think she's already picturing her next popsicle.
Enjoying her first french fry at our favorite burger joint--Dairy Keen. 

Knawing on leftover corn on the cob. We tried to move her hand for a better picture, and she freaked out. Don't come between her and her corn.
Just chillin' in my parent's backyard. 

No comments:

Post a Comment