Friday, November 8, 2013

That is One Good Lookin' Mustache

"That is one good lookin' mustache."
So Shelley has been begging me to write this blog to explain this piece of artwork here. As some of you know I am a police officer for the city of Idaho Falls. The city has gas pumps that we use to fill up our cars whenever we need to. I normally have a routine when I get gas, but one afternoon while I was pumping my gas I decided my windows needed cleaning, so I walked over and got the squeegee to clean the windows, when I was finished I needed more paper towels to clean up the drips that were all over my car. So I walked back to get some more towels, at this point my car was full and the gas pump had stopped. After I threw my paper towels away, I got in my car and began to drive off. Very soon I heard a terrible noise, like something big was broken. I got out, looked and realized I had not taken the pump out of my car, as you can clearly see from the drawing. Luckily for me, the pumps are designed for people like me and break away with a certain amount of force. I expected gas to be flowing everywhere when I realized what had happened but there wasn't any. Of course when I saw how easily the hose came off I thought it must be fairly easy to put back on too, so I made my attempt and that is when I got gas everywhere. Needless to say, I did not attempt it again, notified my supervisor, who told me to send an email to the Cpt. to give him a heads up and to put the hose in front of the maintenance door.

The next day I showed up to work and found this drawing in my box, which was drawn by one of the other Captains at work, and also multiple copies which were hung around the office for all to enjoy. Since the awesomeness of my mustache was such a popular topic of conversation at role call everyone knew who the drawing was depicting immediately.

I later found out that the Cpt. who drew this has also pulled the gas hose out himself a time or two and also many others in the department, so I wasn't too worried about it.

No comments:

Post a Comment