Thursday, January 16, 2014

Poo Poo Trunk-or-Treating

She thought the method of passing out candy was as a lame as we did.
We had a quiet and fun Halloween. Our neighborhood did a trunk or treat. The whole trunk or treat phase came after I was done trick-or-treating, so I'd actually never done it. It was fun to get out and see all the costumes and see all the neighbors. But passing out the candy felt like a mechanized assembly line to maximum candy received in the shortest amount of time possible. It totally felt gimme-gimme. Maybe it's just me, but I much prefer going house to house, and working for the candy. I felt so accomplished and proud of my candy as a kid--I just don't see how the kids can get that same feeling of accomplishment, when they walk in a slow line with their bag held continuously open repeating monotonously "trick-or-treat." And I hardly heard a "thank you."

Not to mention--most of the people there, were just there to "get" candy. Only about 1/4 of the people were also passing out candy---that's not how Halloween works folks. 

After the trunk-or-treat we went home, hoping to pass out more candy at home. We did, a little. We had maybe eight small groups of trick or treater's for the rest of night. Spoiled my night a little, I've waited to pass out candy for oh... since I moved out of my parent's house--you don't get trick or treater's when you live in College apartments--so we've had really lame Halloween's for the past few years. 

All in all, I think we should scrap the trunk-or-treat idea and get back to good old trick-or-treating. You can go on and on about it being safer...blah blah. My dad went with us until we were about 10, and he had as much fun as we did. 

We'll come to the trunk-or-treat next year, but we'll be saving the good stuff for those who actually put forth the effort to come to our house. We'll be waiting ;)




Our cute little Strawberry.

No comments:

Post a Comment