Thursday, March 19, 2015

Emmeline at 10 Months



Emmeline is turning into the cutest little monster, but a monster nonetheless. She gets into everything. Though, I'm not sure why we're surprised--that's what babies do.


  • Some things are still the same from last month. She still puts everything in her mouth, whether its harmful or not--I recently learned that this nasty habit is something babies do for a very long time, something about it's how they learn, or some such nonsense ;)

  • Starting to be a bit more of a picky eater


  • Took the scariest tumble down the stairs ever! Lately, Emmeline has been getting up around 5:30 or 6:00. She sleeps all night, so no complaints there, but I'm still exhausted, so after she eats, I am usually in and out of sleep on the couch while she plays. Well, I should have gotten a baby gate awhile ago, but we haven't. And then one morning, I woke up to the most horrifying should of a baby thud, thud, thudding down the stairs. I leaped up just in time to see Emmeline rolling down the last few stairs, and start screaming as soon as she caught her breath. Needless to say, we sat and held each other for a long time. She was fine, but that didn't prevent me from feeling like the worst mommy for not doing my best to prevent such a foreseeable mishap.

  • Crawling up the stairs. She can only do a few at a time, but it is only a matter of time. 

  • Fascinated with my eyelashes and insists on grabbing them every chance she gets -- which may be how I got pink eye--GROSS, ICK, GROSS! Apparently, we need to wash her hands more...


  • LOVES other kids and babies, and crawls too them the moment she sees them. Thankfully, she doesn't try to touch them, but just wants to look. 


  • Follows other babies and toddlers around. When we go to the mall playground she'll just follow older kids around. You can tell, she so badly wants to be big enough to play with them. 

  • Has figured out how to wave bye-bye :) Such a pivotal milestone for babies and parents, but yet so simple. Ah the joys and triumphs of parenthood :)


  • Still charming people right and left. I love to take her on errands with me, because she chats, waves, smiles, and coos at everyone. It's adorable!


  • Starting to "dance" to music, which really means to twist her upper body back and forth :)


  • Stands on her own for sometimes nearly a minute
  • Got her first pet, Tonks. When we got married, Eric was going to get me a cat as a wedding present. But I decided that it would be better to wait until we had a house to get a pet. Well we have a house now, so we have a kitty now. 

Such a little chubbster :)

Emmeline with her new kitty Tonks


No comments:

Post a Comment