Thursday, February 2, 2012

Eric's Fun {tache} tic Birthday

Eric was pretty bummed that his birthday fell on Saturday, which only happens once every 7 years, and it happened to be on a drill weekend so we couldn't go to Lava Hot Springs that weekend like we had been planning. We decided to go to following week, but I still wanted to make his birthday special, especially after spending all day at drill. 

I decided to go all out and had a lot of fun planning Eric's birthday. Since we all know how much he loves mustaches, seeing as he had one for a whole year in Iraq, I thought a mustache themed birthday would be fun. Eric didn't want to go out to dinner since we planned to go to Lava Hot Springs the next week to celebrate, I bought some steaks and made him a nice meal at home. We had steaks, twice-baked potatoes, drop biscuits, and IBC rootbeer. 

The whole mustache inspiriation come from a cake I saw on Pinterest, and then I saw the mustache sticks (I don't know what to call them) and I just had to do it. 


We had Willy, Eric's little brother who is going to school here, over for cake and icecream and presents.



I made my very first cake from scratch for his cake. It wasn't hard, and it tasted good, but didn't taste very chocoaltey--oh well there is next year. 



Happy Birthday Eric! Now he's "old" like his wife :)

1 comment:

  1. Very creative and a lot of fun! Wish Eric a happy birthday for me!

    ReplyDelete