Wednesday, February 1, 2012

Ice Skating with Robert Redford

The day after Christmas Eric and I went skating with Tori at the Midway outdoor ice-skating rink. We almost went a few days earlier, but chickened out because it was really cold. I'm glad we did, because we had the most beautiful weather when we did finally go. The sun was shining, and the air was crisp, but not too cold.

So while we were waiting in line to pay, all of a sudden Eric stopped and stared intently at someone, and then turned to me and said, "I think that's Robert Redford." Now I know that he is an actor, but not one that I really know or pay attention to, but Eric informed me that Robert Redford plays the notorious Jeremiah Johnson in the movie of the same name. Then I instantly knew why Eric was so interested, you see Eric LOVES Jeremiah Johnson, in fact he wishes that he could be Jeremiah Johnson.

So Eric spent the next 30 minutes following him around the ice rink trying to verify that he was indeed Mr. Redford. He even took a stalker picture from across the rink. Evidence:

This is the guy that Eric stalked, and his creepy paparazzi picture he took :)
 After observing the man at a close distance Eric decided that wasn't really Robert Redford, just a close, younger look a like. Later when Eric pointed him out to me and I got a good look, I realized that it was none other than Brother Stone, the father of some kids I used to babysit. Oh we had some good laughs about that.

This is the real Robert Redford. I must say I can't really blame Eric, they do look similar.
Anywhoo back to ice skating...

We had a blast ice-skating, I've always wanted to go ice-skating with someone I could hold hands with. We definitely got our share of that in along with trying out some moves that Tori taught us.

Eric trying out some moves, and Tori laughing in the background.

While we were there we also ran into our friends Felicia and Kevin, their baby Evelyn, Kevin's sisters, and Felicia's sister Anna and her kids. I was hoping to see them over Christmas, so it was a happy coincidence when we ran into them ice-skating.


The night before we spent several hours watching some old family home videos, so we thought it only appropriate to add to the collection. This one's a keeper.



1 comment:

  1. Hope you don't think I'm a stalker... I found your blog from Lindsey. If you would like to follow mine, email me at frozencajun@gmail.com

    That would have been nuts and is completely possible that he would have been there. My grandma broke her arm there last year when the whole family went ice skating.

    ReplyDelete