Tuesday, August 28, 2012

Nursery Inspirations

Even before we thought about having a baby I was going nuts on Pinterest, trying to find the perfect nursery decorations for both a boy and girl. I was baby hungry in the sense that I was so excited for little clothes, baby blankets, newborn photos and adorable nurseries. Eric and I would laugh about how I was so excited for all these "material" parts of having a baby, but none of the realistic parts. And it's still partially true. When ever I have a particularly long or tiring day due to pregnancy, I console myself with adorable baby things on Pinterest.

Well, now that we are 20 weeks along, as of today, plans for the perfect nursery can start to come to fruition. We find out on Thursday what gender the baby is, then the plans can really commence. But, I thought I'd share my ideas for a nursery with you and get some feedback.


Baby Boy Nursery Ideas
This is the crib that we have... well close to it. We bought it off of craigslist, and it was a light stain color, so Eric is in the process of sanding and painting it for me :) I absolutely HAD to have a white crib, no matter the gender.

We want a dresser that doubles as a changing table also in white.  I also like the simple letters for a name above the crib.
For a boy, the colors will be more neutral whites, beiges,  grays, etc.

This while be Eric's next project. If it's a boy, it will either stained or a earth tone color. 
Sheepskin rug: This is a must, thank goodness IKEA has an incredible price on this!
I want something like this for the wall, either above or next to his crib. I've seen other variations, paper mache, or  just antlers. Now I just have to decide which variation and buy or DIY.
I love this wall art. 
I LOVE this. 
This is so neat, but may have to find a way to DIY this. 
I want something like this for the corner, for blankets, toys and such. 


Baby Girl Nursery Ideas
Again, this will be the crib.

Again, need a dresser/changer like this. 


Because we're not supposed to crib bumpers or much at all in the way of crib bedding, I want to spruce it up with a ruffle crib skirt, not necessarily these colors. 


This is the exact chair I want! But alas, they are $$$, so I think I will find a chair or rocker on craigslist or at DI and reupholster it. I've read a lot of blogs to understand the reupholstering process, looks tricky, but I think it's worth the try considering how much you can save. 

I want a pouf like this, but in the right color. I think I can also make this. 

I have to have a rug like this if it's a girl! And I'm considering putting her initial in a frame like this for above the crib. 
Love this mobile! So colorful and unique!
Have to have shelves somewhere for all the books, I mean it will be my baby :) so it must love books!
This is basically my color pallet: tiffany blue, corally pink, with some yellows and other bright colors mixed in there,.
I like the idea of doing embroidery hoops surrounding her name.

So, this is what has been in progress on my Pinterest for the past 6 months or so. Let me know what you think, or feel free to direct me to other ideas!

2 comments:

  1. So many cute ideas! I love the ruffle crib skirt, and the chevron pouf, and the chevron rug. The Remington box is super cute! I wonder where you could find one. Pinterest is definitely the place to find tutorials and stuff. I have a few nursery boards going too... I was never really able to do what I wanted for Mackay.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Maegen. Most of the stuff I think I can DIY, but we shall see. The baby's room in our new apartment is very small, so we'll have to take that into account, and may have to put the armchair somewhere else....

    ReplyDelete