Sunday, July 21, 2013

Emmeline at 3 Months

We've been in our new house for about a month now, and we love that it is warming up outside and that we can go on walks in the neighborhood and park. And sometimes if she falls asleep, I park the stroller under a tree and read my book. Being a SAHM is such a hard life ;)

Emmeline only takes short naps at home but will take long naps in the car, which gives me a nice little break. So I tend to run superfluous errands so I can get these little breaks.(My favorite place to go is to Once Upon A Child and score adorable clothes for Emmeline--you just have to be picky and go often) She'll fall asleep pretty quickly in the car and then I can be out and about for at least 2 hours, sometimes more, and she'll still be asleep. Sometimes when I get home and put her carseat in her room she will keep sleeping for a few more hours. A few times I've even had to wake her up because it had been way too long since she had last eaten. So, naturally I take full advantage of this, naturally.

Other Accomplishments from the past month:

  • Unfortunately, Emmeline has stopped sleeping completely through the night, but will at least give me a 5-hour stretch.
  • Emmeline will "talk back" when you talk to her. And we've devoted hours to doing just that since she started doing it.
  • She can rotate around a little bit on the floor by wiggling. It's not much, but occasionally I've come back to find her in a different direction.
  • She can roll to her side.
  • She is the champion of tummy time. Since day 1 she's had pretty good head control and even though I've been terribly inconsistent with tummy time she can lift her head and upper body off the ground.
  • She plays with her hands A LOT.
  • Though she can't support the weight, she likes to help hold the bottle in place.
  • Her new favorite thing is to put her fingers through the handle on her binkie. Though this means that she also pulls it out constantly, sometimes on purpose and sometimes by mistake. She can sort of put it back in her mouth, but usually only gets the plastic corner in, and then she cries until we put it back in. So we're on constant binkie patrol, which can get quite frustrating at naptime.




During one of our trips to the park


And these last few pictures kill me. She was on a roll during this photo session.




"Pretty please... with a cherry on top!"

"When I was a young child..."

No comments:

Post a Comment