Tuesday, August 6, 2013

4th of July River Activities

Growing up across the country from my grandparents meant that almost every summer we came out for a month or two to spend time with them. Which also meant that I've probably spent as many 4th of July's in Idaho Falls as most people who grew up here. Even after we moved to Utah when I was twelve we kept coming up to Idaho Falls because by then it was just the place to be on the 4th of July, and I wouldn't have it any other way. 

One of my favorite parts of the 4th of July is just spending time down by the river on the greenbelt. I love all of the fun food--my favorite is those corn on the cobs that are sinfully coated in a pound of butter and Parmesan cheese, sooo yummy--and just hanging out waiting for the fireworks. Though this year we didn't stick around for the fireworks because Emmeline doesn't sleep well away from her crib anymore, and we weren't sure how she would react to the fireworks and didn't want to find out in a huge crowd. 

We had to curtail our 4th of July activities this year because of Emmeline's schedule. So we elected not to do the parade also. Though I'm sure she won't let us skip the parade in future years :)


Daddy and daughter


LOVE her!
Emmeline and Grandma


1 comment: