Tuesday, August 6, 2013

Emmeline's First 5k

The FireKracker 5k run on the 4th of July has been a tradition in my family (and extended family) since 2010. The first year we ran it Eric and I were seriously dating and he ran the race with us. 

Us right after the race in 2010.

I love that he's been a part of it since the beginning. And I also love that since we live in Idaho Falls we can run it every year. And it was so much fun to include Emmeline in this tradition. Thankfully Eric had the 4th off--as a police officer I'm sure there will be many years when he will have to work--so he volunteered for the job of pushing Emmeline. I was pretty impressed, pushing Emmeline didn't seem to slow him down too much, he still got a really good time--he beat me and I only had to push myself along :)

Emmeline did great, she slept a little bit and enjoyed the view the rest of the time. I hope that this tradition will help Emmeline learn to love to run too!

We can't wait to run it again next year!

Emmeline survived her first 5k. 

Emmeline loves her Aunt Tori!



1 comment: